The Aims of the Association
- To link publishers who are active world-wide in the production of Christian Orthodox content on the Internet (active web pages, tablet or smartphone apps, video documentaries, films etc) as owners or administrators.
- To link specialist scientists, academics and everyday labourers of the divine word in a distinctive presence in the digital realm.
- To coordinate the efforts of Orthodox digital media towards a more effective articulation of the Gospel word for the glory of God among users of this media, as well as to make a common, coordinated effort to spread the values of the Orthodox Christian tradition towards all people of good will.
- To promote the work of the Christian Orthodox in the field of pastoral care in the digital media, to highlight the force of the Christian Orthodox presence and to develop Christian Orthodox discourse in cyber-space.
- To formulate studies on the qualitative characteristics of the use of the Internet, its divergence from traditional methods of Church pastoral care, the new view of humankind it provides, and the pastoral opportunities it offers, as well as the negative aspects which arise.
- To promote the values of Christian Orthodox publishers who are active on the Internet, utilizing digital media, as far as is possible, for the dissemination of the divine word, Patristic tradition and Christian Orthodox theology.
- To organize conferences and cultural events, exhibitions and other spiritual and artistic occasions.
- To engage in any related activity.
The Means of fullfilling the aims of the Association
- Through the conducting of research and studies in the realm of digital media related to Christian Orthodox digital content and interactive Church pastoral communication.
- Through the establishment of committees and work groups, permanent or occasional, for the investigation, study, examination and proposition of any subject related to its aims.
- Through the cultivation of cooperative relationships between its members.
- Through the cultivation of cooperative relationships with world-wide governmental organs and institutions which engage in any activity whatsoever in the realm of the Internet, the development of digital content and services and interactive communication.
- Through the organization of events, conferences and seminars.
- Through the conducting of market research and the formulation of relevant studies.
- Through the creation of all manner of digital publications on any platform whatsoever.
- Through the development and distribution of printed and/or digital publications related to the activities, initiatives, proposals and positions of the Association.
- Through the creation, processing and exploitation of content (text, sound, image and so on) in digital media.
- Through the organization of common initiatives, in cooperation with social agencies, foundations, companies, NGOs, societies, public administration and other legal persons in public and private law.